1. SPORTSMANSHIP: Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules, or violates any local, state or federal rules, regulations, statutes or laws is subject to immediate disqualification.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Team Captain MUST derive at least eighty percent (80%) of their annual income from the time of retirement, was actively engaged or employed and derived at least eighty percent (80%) of their revenue from the exploration, drilling, production and/or servicing of oil and gas wells, is eligible to fish in this tournament. The Team Captain is able to fish with the partner of their choice who does not have to meet the oilfield eligibility requirements, however, they cannot have served as a professional fishing guide on Toledo Bend within the last 5 years. Any person who has served as a professional guide on Toledo Bend at any time during the preceding five (5) years is not eligible to fish this tournament. All entries will be carefully screened to verify eligibility. It is the responsibility of each member of the team to abide by these eligibility requirements. Failure to do so will subject the team to immediate disqualiﬁcation. The Rules and Registration Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry application and disqualify any participant that may have been deemed in any way to have violated the eligibility requirements or any rule governing the tournament; the decision of the committee shall be final. Applicants may be required to furnish the committee with proof of eligibility including but not limited to providing evidence demonstrating any and all sources of income, subjecting themselves to polygraph testing and any other means deemed necessary to satisfy an investigation into the Applicant’s employment and activity conducted during the course of the tournament. Submission of your application and/or the participation at the tournament represents your expressed acceptance of the LOBI Board and its committees’ authority concerning approval of applications and disqualifications. Any application containing or suspecting to contain false or misleading information will be immediately rejected. Applicant acknowledges that the Tournament and its Board have limited resources. As such it is further acknowledged that any decisions related to participation or qualification are final and without recourse. The LOBI Board of Directors reserves the right to reject any application or remove any participant for any reason. By signing this form applicant acknowledges and accepts this reservation. In the event of disqualification for any reason whatsoever, Applicant acknowledges and accepts, by signing the application, they it will defend, indemnify and hold LOBI harmless from and against any and all claims that may arise from said disqualification. It further agrees to return any awards or prizes granted and to reimburse any and all costs and expenses incurred in reaching the decision to disqualify and to pursue the recovery of any awards or prizes received by the disqualified participant. If at any time during the tournament a participant is deemed ineligible or disqualified, they agree to immediately leave the tournament site and will forever be barred from further participation in any LOBI function. LOBI realizes that the foregoing provisions are a bit strong; however, they will be enforced to the letter of their intent in order to preserve the integrity of YOUR tournament.
3. SAFETY: Safe boat conduct must be observed at all times. Each competitor is required to wear a Coast Guard approved life vest when the outboard engine is operating. The tournament committee highly recommends the use of engine kill switch.
4. ALCOHOL/DRUGS AT NO TIME DURING THE TOURNAMENT HOURS OR ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES/DRUGS OTHER THAN PRESCRIPTION ALLOWED IN THE BOAT OR TO BE CONSUMED. CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS SHALL NOT OCCUR PRIOR TO PRESENTING FISH AT WEIGH-IN LINE OR PRIOR TO TAKING A POLYGRAPH TEST BY YOU OR YOUR PARTNER.
5. TEAMS: Teams will consist of two (2) individuals registering as such. No participant shall be allowed to fish without a qualified partner in the boat at all times. Any contestant’s action will directly reflect on his teammate. There will be no use of guides during tournament competition in any manner. Any use of guides will result in immediate disqualification.
6. TACKLE: Only artificial lures can be used; no prepared or live bait other than pork rind strips may be used. Only rod and reel outfits may be used. No trolling is permitted.
7. SCORING: Scoring will be based on the weight in pounds of bass (largemouth, Kentucky or Spotted) with a minimum length of 14 inches measured on a flat board. Fish presented for weighing that are less than 14 inches in length will be disqualified prior to weighing and one pound per undersized fish will be deducted as a penalty. Only 5 fish per team, per day will be counted. Teams are not allowed to have more than 5 fish in their permanent possession at any time, except for culling the 6th fish. If more than 5 fish are kept in a team’s possession, that team shall be disqualified for the day and shall receive no weight for the day. It is the responsibility of the team to keep fish alive. A determination of whether the fish are alive or dead will be made solely by the members of the Weigh-In Committee at the scales and a deduction of .10 pound will be assessed for each dead fish weighed in. No fish may be kept by any contestant with the exception of a trophy fish. The Golden Rule will be the official measurement.
8. FISHING HOURS: Fishing hours will begin at 6:30 a.m. each morning. Teams with even boat numbers must stop fishing at 2:00 p.m. on the first day and be in the weigh-in line at the Marina by 3:00 p.m. Teams with odd boat numbers must stop fishing at 3:00 p.m. on the first day and be in the weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Teams with even boat numbers must stop fishing at 3:00 p.m. on the second day and be in the weigh-in line by 4:00 p.m. Teams with odd boat numbers must stop fishing at 2:00 p.m. on the second day and be in the weigh-in line by 3:00 p.m. It is the responsibility of each team to understand and abide by the prescribed fishing hours and weigh-in times as they will be strictly enforced and are grounds for disqualification if violated.
9. LAUNCH SITE: Contestants will be allowed to trailer boats to any landing on Toledo Bend. However, fishing is allowed only during tournament hours and weigh-in time must be observed.
10. TIES: In the event of a tie for 1st place, the tie will be broken by a coin toss with both teams present. If one team is not present, the present team will automatically be granted the 1st place prize. In the event both teams are not present, the Board of Directors will conduct the coin toss on their behalf to determine the winner. In the event of all other ties, monetary prizes will be added together and divided by the number of places tied. Each team shall then receive their equal share.
11. BOATS: Boats may be used that are 14 feet or longer. Contestants may not change boats during tournament hours. Overpowered boats not allowed.
12. POLYGRAPH TEST: Each contestant agrees to submit, by his signature on this application, to a polygraph test to be given at the sole discretion of the Tournament Committee. The administration and interpretation of the polygraph test is solely the responsibility of the tournament committee and its agents. If either team member fails to test with satisfactory results, that team will be disqualified. If you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will not be given a polygraph test, and your team will be disqualified.
13. COMPLAINTS: Any complaint or protest by a participant must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Committee within 30 minutes after weigh-in each day. All decisions rendered by the committee are FINAL and without recourse or appeal.
14. ENCROACHMENT: A team is not permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other tournament boat which is tied or anchored with the trolling motor out of the water.
15. REGISTRATION: Each team must register with the Tournament Committee between 12:00 noon and 9:00 p.m., Thursday, March 31st, 2022 at Cypress Bend Park. They may pick up their ditty bags and shirt or jacket orders at this time. No late registrations will be allowed. Any teams failing to register by 9:00 p.m. will not be eligible to fish the tournament.
16. PAYOUTS/CHECKS: The payout schedule will be determined after registration is closed and will be based on the number of registered boats. Any payout checks not cashed within 90 days will be voided and considered a donation to our charities.
17. JURISDICTION: Should any dispute arise to the level of litigation, it is agreed that exclusive jurisdiction will be in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Lafayette Parish, Lafayette, Louisiana.